Saturday, June 1, 2013

I Kick Margaret Atwood in the Literary Groin

I wish there was a video with that title. It would so go viral.

I recently found out that Alloy Entertainment is going to start publishing fanfictions based on their shows and pay the authors royalties for them. I wish I'd known this back when I was basically the creator of Gossip Girl.


If you were 13 years old and frequented the CW forums in 2008, then it's likely that you've heard of me. No? Well, whatever. I was a celebrity. Deal with it.

Those forums were my life. I think I spent an average of ten hours a day roleplaying, updating my fanfiction and getting in uber-mature fights with Jenny Humphrey fans. It's not like I had anything better to do back then.

My fanfiction was actually pretty popular. It was Gossip Girl as if it hadn't gone off the rails after season 1, and I was damn proud of it. It was mainly posted on the long-lost CW forums, but I started putting it up on Fanfiction.net a couple of years ago. I finished it long ago, but I'm extremely lazy and rarely update it, so only about the first half of it is actually up there. Mostly I just enjoy torturing my readers by forcing them to wait for updates.


You can read it here, although I must warn you, it's pretty fantastic and will make the show look like an even bigger fail than it already is.
I just remembered that the Gossip Girl books came first, but I feel like the adolescent literature published by ex-fans of the show is much higher quality than whatever Cecily von Ziegesar's ghostwriters pump out.

I'm totally submitting my fanfiction to Alloy. It would be a crime to deprive the world of my art. Maybe I'll fill it out with some descriptive scenes, Fitzgerald style, since it's pretty dialogue heavy. In the meantime, just revel in the thought that you knew me before I became JK Rowling. 

I'm also a cartoonist
And yes, I have an infinite number of hidden talents.

No comments:

Post a Comment