Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Boston Cream Boyfriend

According to my friends, seeing the guy you like in line at Tim Horton's is a surefire sign that you two are meant to be.

Fancy seeing you here! Oh, this old thing?

Sure, that's plausible. Or it could just be that it's lunchtime and it's the only food place on campus that's open during spring term.

If you're from another part of the world and have no idea what I'm talking about, Tim Horton's is a donut/coffee chain and is pretty much the most Canadian thing in existence. It's kind of like Central Perk, and the Friends cast is the Canadian people.

Alberta is totally Chandler. Sorry, Ontario.

I also love the potential for confusion surrounding Timmies:

You: "Call you later, I'm going to Tim's."
Your Dad: "Who's Tim?"

Oh, you know. Just my boyfriend. Things are getting pretty serious, I see him at least twice a day.

Okay, maybe three times a day during Christmas. 

You would think I would be embarrassed by the judgemental way the employees look at me when I'm back within the hour, but I'm really only disappointed that they have yet to establish my "usual." 

Someday you'll love me like I love you. 
Someday.

Also, I'd like to know why they have yet to make a sprinkled Timbit. Seriously. You would have thought that would have been one of the first.

Maybe they do exist, and the world is just playing a cruel joke on me by not letting me have them, kind of like how I can't find a Niall Horan doll anywhere. They have all the other One Direction members in abundance, but I'm pretty sure an eccentric millionaire bought every single Niall one just to screw with all prepubescent girls. And me. 

At least we have been gifted with The Priestley, if not unofficially.
Seriously, Tim's. Get your shit together and start mass-producing these things so I can buy them by the hockey-rink-load.

2 comments: