Monday, July 15, 2013

Twerk Tag

I'm being a horrible blogger, but lately I've been a little more than occupied with sleeping and frequenting McDonalds. Whoever thought 24-hour drive thrus were a good idea was probably the same person who invented deep fried Oreos (I'm pointing at you, Calgary Stampede).

Bye, arteries. It was nice knowing you.

I also just noticed that my blog actually has quite a substantial following (and by that I mean like 13 pageviews a day), so I might as well keep giving the people what they want.

I did a focus group and everything. It's all very scientific.

As I was going through my blogs today (not the ones I write but the ones I follow, desperate for inspiration), I found the 11 Questions Tag that Elissa did over on one of my favourite nail polish blogs Ten Little Nubs. With the thought of, "Well, I don't have much to say right now so I suppose I could give some dry-ass remarks," I set off to answer the same questions she answered. Also, it's an excuse to use a fancy font, which I can never turn down.

1. What is your favourite genre of music?

I don't really know if I have a favourite genre... I guess mostly pop/alternative? Pretty much everything good falls under "alternative" these days. But as is common knowledge, Our Lady Lana Del Rey is the queen of my heart and my cochleas.

2. What is your favourite guilty pleasure television show/movie?

Gossip Girl is my guilty pleasure TV show, but sometimes it's so bad that even I can't stand it. Oh, and Teen Mom, Honey Boo Boo and Geordie Shore. And Ke$ha's reality show. Guilty pleasure movies are probably Mean Girls (classic) and 21 and Over, which I watch about 4 times a day. But hey, this is a judgement-free zone.

3. Name  your style icon(s).

Audrey Hepburn and Lana Del Rey. And Miley Cyrus. 

4. Have you ever walked in the rain?

Yes, and it is usually accompanied by me pretending to be in an overly emotional and artsy music video (think Come Clean by Hilary Duff). This also highly resembles me being angsty in a dimly lit bathroom a la Ashlee Simpson. 

5. Name the scariest thing you have ever done.

Driven standard.

6. What nail polish are you currently wearing as your manicure/pedicure?

On my nails is Keys to My Hybrid from the Metro Too Chic Sephora by OPI collection, which is a gorgeous, glossy, almost-hot-pink berry magenta colour.
A more professional swatch from beautezine.com, because I suck at lighting and picture-taking.

Here's my sad attempt. The shade changes drastically depending on the lighting, so I think the colour is usually somewhere in between these two. It looks much better in person. 
I am working on my pointy Lana Del Rey nails, though. They're coming along. 

My toes are Porcelain Party by Maybelline Colour Show, which is just a glossy white. It looked strange at first, but I've gotten used to it. 

7. What makeup brand do you have an absolute weakness for? (high end)

I love MAC makeup the best, but I hardly ever buy it. One of my most prized possessions is my MAC eyeshadow palette. 
I love you. 

Other than that, probably Too Faced or Benefit. Their stuff is so quirky.

8. Name your favourite junk food(s).

Cookie dough, ice cream, Lays Baked chips, Goldfish crackers, any chocolate, cupcakes, Dunkaroos, Oreo Cakesters, McDonald's fries, Wendy's Frostys, Pringles, Mini Oreos. Nachos, chicken wings, cake pops, Kraft Singles, Lunchables, McCain Smiles, sausage rolls, ice cream cake, cheesecake, cinnamon buns, frozen waffles. The list goes on, really.

9. Tell us your role model.

Well, I admire Lana Del Rey's style and grace and general badassery. Sophia Bush goes in there as well because she's such a passionate activist, or so I gather from Twitter. 

10. What is your dream career?

Does being Mrs. Chris Pine count as a career? If not, I suppose it would be being a successful novelist/screenwriter. Oh, and a pharmacist. =)

11. Name your celebrity crushes, male and female.

Female: Jennifer Lawrence, of course. That woman is a goddess by many definitions.

Male: Oh god, how do I narrow this down? My friend Tawa and I were planning out a potential Bachelorette show where all of our bachelors would be hot celebrity men. I suppose I'll just list the 25 I would choose to woo me, in no particular order (also, this is so not a repeat of my celebrity crushes. That was a list of 10, this is a list of 25. Obviously.):

1. Miles Teller (although there wouldn't be much competition)
2. Chad Michael Murray (for the lulz)
3. Alan Rickman (married senior citizens count, right?)
4. Ryan Reynolds
5. Chris Pine
6. Seth Rogen (for the LOLZ)
7. Jason Segel
8. Zac Efron
9. Taylor Lautner (for the lulz)
10. Jake Gyllenhaal
11. Justin Bieber (for the lulz and just to make him go on ridiculous dates with me)
12. Sterling Knight
13. David Henrie
14. James Franco (for the heroin-chic sex appeal)
15. Chace Crawford
16. Matt Lanter
17. Neil Patrick Harris (gay guys count, right?)
18. Skylar Astin (because what is Miles Teller without him?)
19. Justin Timberlake (to write me a symphony)
20. Harry Styles (for the lulz)
21. Joe Jonas (for the lulz)
22. Kevin Jonas (for the lulz)
23. Jason Priestley
24. Bradley Cooper
25. Ellen Degeneres (she can hold her own among the hot celebrity men)

Tell me that wouldn't be the greatest show ever.

I would accept these abs.

And these eyes.

And this face.

And this voice.

And this #swag.

No comments:

Post a Comment