Sunday, May 26, 2013

Mini Mall Haul

With the most honest of intentions, I had set forth to write a post every day, or at least every other day. Obviously that's worked out.

But it's really not my fault! I have been doing nothing but studying for the past three weeks, and especially this past week, and it's been brutal. I had my final yesterday. Let's not talk about that.

The worst part is that I couldn't even go out and party to celebrate/down my sorrows because the few friends I have who are taking spring term with me had to study for their own tests. Tres lame. So my Saturday night consisted of stuffing my face at a mexican restaurant (I'm still impartial to the deep fried ice cream. My opinion was that it so odd that you couldn't really enjoy it) and watching 90210 in my room until my computer overheated and stopped working. Party hard.

Well, I'll admit, yesterday wasn't so bad. I did get to hit up the mall. 

Yay, stuff! But this time it wasn't just me spending time on useless crap. I needed all this stuff, I promise.

I was on Sephora's website a while back and I saw this Disney Princess Jasmine nail polish collection, and I had to have it. I was in the market for new nail polish anyway (one of my many intellectual hobbies), and it was perfect.

From left: Berry Tale Romance, Your Wish Is My Command, Fit For Royalty, Dream Princess, All That Jasmine, and Aladdin's Girl.
 The names are even better than the colours.
I love the little sets from Sephora; they're my absolute favourite. Pretty much all of my nail polish is Sephora by OPI because they have a huge range of gorgeous colours, and it goes on so smoothly. Okay, MAC is actually my favourite, but I haven't been in there since I was 15 and had a high ratio of disposable income to expenses.

I put it on as soon as I got home, and then proceeded to eff them all up as I continued to get ready to go out for dinner. You can't really tell though.

Taking pictures of hands is so awkward.

I'm actually really upset with my nails right now, because I'd been growing them out for a month and yesterday, just when I was about to repaint them, I realized there was a huge split in my middle finger nail. Every. Goddamn. Time. So I angrily chopped them off, hence why they're so stubby.
I bought the Sephora Total Package base, top coat and strengthener (seen in the first photo) with high hopes that it will somehow help my nails to be all Lana Del Rey, so we'll see how it goes. It cost four times as much as the strengthener I bought from Shoppers Drug Mart six months ago, so it better work.
I was also disappointed because I got the nail art set (1st photo and below) from Sephora (gotta rack up those Beauty Insider points) and was so excited to do some cool shit on them. But they're too stubby now, and it would look dumb. So if my nails ever grow out without snapping off at inconvenient times, I will try out some nail art. For now, I'll just stick with the unimaginative accent nail. 

I needed sunglasses ever since I broke the American Eagle ones I bought for spring break after a week. (American Eagle, I'm so done with you. You've really gone downhill. But I'll still buy your jeans because I have stubby legs.)
These ones were 2 for $20 at Aldo! I've decided that after I graduate and get a job, the first thing I'm buying is a $300 pair of sunglasses. Prada's the dream. Oh, after I get my BMW, of course.
The rings are also from Aldo, and were sold in a set. I usually buy jewelry because I think it's cute in the moment, and then never ever wear it. Honestly, the only jewelry I ever wear is my Tiffany stuff (and I say that in the least spoiled-bratty way possible). I love rings though, and basically I only bought the set for the white diamond-shaped one and pretty robin's egg blue. I'll wear them every day for a month to get my money's worth. Or at least until I get that green ring around the base of my finger. Oh wait, that's already happened.

This is a cute little lotus ring holder/key holder/whatever crap I want to put in there. I think it looks best with rings, though.

My friends and I went to Chapters, and one of them asked me, "Why are you buying the book when you've already read it and seen the movie?"
To which I responded, "Because I'm a nerd and need my own copy."
I'd borrowed it from a friend when I read it, and they had these super cute, old-style copies, so I couldn't resist. Also, it has additional F. Scott stories! I want to read them right now. Maybe after I finish this post.

Also, Divergent!
Looks pretty Hunger Gamesy, doesn't it? That's because it is.
Miles Teller's gonna be in the movie they're making out of it, so obviously I have to read it. I think it's a teen novel, which will be good for me because it's been way too long since I've read one of those. It's kind of like TV shows:
- kids like to watch shows about tweens (my ten-year-old obsession with The Suite Life of Zack and Cody)
- tweens watch shows about teens (Gossip Girl was about teens, wasn't it? Really mature ones. It's kind of ironic because the characters kept getting less mature as time went on)
- teens watch shows about adults (I pretended to be sick for two months so I could watch all eight seasons of How I Met Your Mother)
- and adults gleefully watch all of the shows (I know full-grown adults- I count myself as a baby adult -who are way more into Twilight and The Hunger Games than I ever was.

But I'll read Divergent.

One last thing, I bought flowers like a real grown-up!
It's been three days and they haven't died yet, so I'm pretty proud of myself. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. How do plants work? Someone please explain.
Oh, and don't mind the withered up little flowers. Those died when I was transporting it home in a plastic bag on the bus. Cashiers really don't provide much durability for your purchases when they assume you have a car. 


I just realized this blog is turning into one big show-and-tell. Meh. It's not my fault I have such interesting visuals to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment